There have been some of you asking myself, and other committee members, why we have decided to only have the one Tee off time for our competitions and the reason for the days that some are being held.
Well the explanation for this is as follows –
- We do not get a large enough turnout to justify having a draw sheet if we were then we would.
- With small numbers turning up it can be unpredictable to know how many will come at the set times.
- In the interest of fair play we would prefer to see a draw done rather than the same folk playing together all the time.
- We did have an AM/PM Tee time a few seasons back and it didn’t work very well.
- Last year the format seemed to work better and the numbers were consistent.
- A survey was carried out at the end of the season and only one person was unhappy with the tee times and competitions.
- The AGM was held last month and this is a time when you the members can come along and give us input and ideas.
- We included a survey, called Birdies and Bogies, in with this year’s membership letters this is for you to give us feed-back on what you like/dislike so please take the time to fill it out and send it back to us and we can then look toward the future.
It is unfortunate that we cannot work dates, days and times to suit everyone but that would be impossible.
As the club grows and numbers increase then a draw or varying Tee times may be put in place but at this time we cannot justify it.